I engineer software, usually physics and graphics related.
paulalexanderwelch (at) gmail (dot) com
Mass GPU physics simulator. A unique algorithm allows mobile compatible simulation of 100,000~1,000,000 bodies, with stable stacking and constraints on GPU. The key to this algorithm is eliminating the need for bottom up resolution order for stable stacking.
A Unity like engine I created in 2012/13 and took to GDC. Supports targets for HTML5 and native code for mobile/desktop. The first 3D engine to support HTML5.
- Fully featured 3D game engine in 35,000 lines of code.
- Prototype based entity modeling using RTTI meta data for dynamic editing in tools.
- Deep C# tools interop. with WebKit/Chromium.
- COLLADA loader with full boned animation.
- Full post-processing pipeline and colour correction.
- 100km of lazy loaded, geo-mipmapped terrain.
- Revolutionary graph based rendering design.
- Native code compilation for mobile.
- Full atmospheric scattering and aerial perspective.
- Forward and Light-Prepass rendering options.
- 60fps 3D in HTML5.
- Materials system shader builder.
- Fully JSON data driven world and scripting.
- Completed in 2 months with two developers.